Architecture Guidance document / paper

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I am looking for a document or a white paper that talks about the application architecture recommendations so that applications can be cloud ready. Let's say for example I am writing an application now that is not for the cloud. But the organization has plans to move its applications for the cloud and hence I have to write the application so that it can be moved to the cloud quickly and with minimal effort. What would be the architectural recommendations that I would have to consider.

Has anyone seen such a document? Pointers would be deeply appreciated.

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hi!

I am not sure of the white papers but if you need to build an application today, you should consider layering them as illustrated in the sample. In case you missed it, this sample is actually ported over from an on-premise version in http://layersample.codeplex.com. In that sample, everything is running on traditional on-premise mode. This sample takes from that and ports it to the cloud with minimal changes (only VS project types).

One thing that is missing from these two samples are they are both on the extreme end - one fully on-premise, the other fully on cloud. We can actually take layersample and use Azure AppFabric to create a hybrid solution - suitable for demonstrating how existing applications can be exposed (instead of hosted on) through the cloud. That is something I have not the time to work on yet. :(

Best Regards,
Serena